Sunday, May 23, 2010

Email server ingoing and outgoing address?

sbcglobal.net email server address ingoing and outgoing


my.com email server address ingoing and outgoing

Email server ingoing and outgoing address?
Hi;I'm assuming you're setting up your PC email like Outlook or netscape or something. You'll want the ports also.





Sorry to say that I couldn't validate inbound and outbound for the my.com mail server. That's a very new web site so maybe they don't have it setup yet.





Then on sbcglobal.net ... I validated the server names with sbcglobal.net which is now owned by AT%26amp;T. Just in case you don't know (hope I'm not giving you more than you need).


Outbound is called POP


Inbound is call SMTP


Inbound/Outbound is backward on their website (humorous to me! I'm a geek 4 sure)





Here is what their website shows for sbcglobal.net:


MemberID@sbcglobal.net


pop.att.yahoo.com port: 965


smtp.att.yahoo.com port: 465





Change the SMTP port to 465.


Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).


Change the POP3 port to 995.


Confirm the above settings before clicking OK.





Specific application (Outlook, Netscape, etc) configuration step-by-step settings can be found on their website at:


http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=2...


:=)

extra income

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive